8 Best Baby Cribs of 2021
(Note: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links, and we will be compensated when you make a purchase by clicking through our links at no additional cost to you.)
What are the best baby cribs of 2021?
Shopping for a baby crib? Many expectant parents really want to finish the nursery before their baby arrive, but it’s not necessary to complete everything. This is because the American Academy of Pediatrics recommends that babies should sleep in a safety-approved baby crib, bassinet or cradle in their parents’ room until they’re six months old. Still, decorating that nursery is something parents enjoy, and the centerpiece of baby’s naptime and sleep time will undoubtedly be the baby crib. Before you choose the place where your baby will spend the better part of the next two to three years, let this Baby Crib Buying Guide help you identify your purchasing priorities.
To help you navigate the many options out there, we have rounded up the 5 Best Baby Cribs of 2021 in the post for you:
Check out this quick list of our favorites if you’re in a hurry, or continue scrolling to see our full top 8 list with in-depth reviews.
#1: Delta Children Canton 4-in-1 Convertible Crib (Best overall high chair)
Here are 6 Things to Consider When Shopping for a Baby Crib?
All cribs sold in the United States are required to meet government safety standards, but other organizations, such as the Juvenile Products Manufacturers Association set higher crib standards. Buying a crib with the JPMA or GREENGUARD Gold certification ensures you’re getting the safest and highest-quality crib available. Crib slats or spindles must be no more than 2-3/8 inches apart to prevent babies’ heads from slipping through and getting stuck. Most cribs need to be assembled by the buyer, so keep this mind when purchasing online. Proper assembly is critical to ensure safety. For more information about crib safety, visit the American Academy of Pediatrics or the Juvenile Product Manufacturers Association.
Your crib’s interior dimensions should be at least 57 ¾ inches long by 27 ¾ inches wide. U.S. regulations require crib mattresses to be 57 5/8 inches by 27 ¼ inches. If you can fit more than two fingers between the mattress and the side of the crib, the mattress is too small.
Experts say the best cribs offer the simplest design and features, but there are some features worth looking for while you’re crib shopping. Adjustable mattress supports are common to almost all cribs. These allow you to raise the mattress higher for infants, then lower it for older babies who can pull up. Look for a minimum of two mattress heights and be sure to check how the mattress is supported. Look for a minimum of two adjustable mattress heights with metal-bar or metal-spring supports. Avoid vinyl straps that can wear over time in favor of metal bars or metal spring systems. If your nursery is small and you need to save space, look for storage drawers beneath the crib or choose a model that has a full chest of drawers on one side with a changing table.
Another point to consider when shopping for a crib is how long you’ll need to use it. Many manufacturers now offer cribs that grow with your child and convert to toddler beds. In some cases, they convert again to adult day beds. Convertible cribs are generally more expensive than traditional cribs, but some families find the cost savings over time are worth the added up-front cost. If you’re considering a convertible crib, check to see if it comes with a conversion kit or if you’ll need to purchase one separately. If you need to buy a separate conversion kit, try to purchase it at the same time as the crib.
5. Crib style
Your baby’s crib will likely be the focal point of his or her room, so it’s not unreasonable to want it to look good or match your décor. Baby furniture design has come a long way, and most manufacturers now offer a variety of woods, finishes and designs—from traditional to contemporary and everything in between. If you’re designing your nursery for the first time or redoing it for another child, look for manufacturers that offer other nursery pieces to match. You can outfit the entire room at once or add pieces as you’re ready.
6. Always buy new
Cribs are one of the more expensive items you’ll purchase for your baby. The short length of time your baby will use a crib may make it tempting to cut corners and buy used. Don’t. Like car seats and other critical baby gear, you want to buy your crib new to ensure you’re purchasing one that meets the most up-to-date safety standards and getting the latest technology. Although all new cribs must meet minimum government requirements, many self-governing trade associations set even higher standards. Look for evidence that the crib you purchase meets or exceeds certification standards set by the Juvenile Products Manufacturing Association or are Greenguard Gold Certified.
Here are the 8 Best Baby Cribs of 2021:
1. Delta Children Canton 4-in-1 Convertible Crib (Best overall high chair)
- CONVERTIBLE CRIB: Converts from a crib to a toddler bed, daybed and full size bed with headboard and footboard (Daybed Rail and Toddler Guardrail included; Full Size Bed Rails #0020 sold separately)
- GROWS WITH BABY: The 3 position mattress height adjustment on this crib allows you to lower the mattress as your baby begins to sit or stand
- BUILT TO LAST: Strong and sturdy wood construction helps create a dream nursery where you’ll spend plenty of Mommy and Me/Daddy and Me time | Easy assembly
- High quality
- Nice looking
- Easy to assemble
- Some customers complain of a heavy smell that lingers for longer than expected once unboxed
2. Babyletto Hudson 3-in-1 Convertible Crib
- VERSATILE MODERN DESIGN: The best-selling Hudson's iconic turned-out foot, rounded spindle design, and open silhouette make it a versatile choice for the modern nursery. Complete your nursery with the Hudson 3-drawer or 6-drawer dresser.
- GREENGUARD GOLD CERTIFIED: The Hudson has undergone rigorous scientific testing for over 10,000 chemical emissions and VOCs. It contributes to cleaner indoor air, creating a healthier environment for your baby to sleep, play, and grow.
- Four adjustable mattress heights
- Grows from newborn to toddler
- Several color options
- Comfortable height for short parents
- Easy and fast assembly
- The wood feels solid
- Sleek and modern
- Does not grow to full-size bed
3. DaVinci Kalani 4-in-1 Convertible Crib
- GREENGUARD GOLD CERTIFIED: This product has undergone rigorous scientific testing for over 10,000 chemical emissions and VOCs. It contributes to cleaner indoor air, creating a healthier environment for your baby to sleep, play, and grow
- GROWS WITH BABY: Four adjustable mattress positions that can be lowered as your baby begins to sit and stand. Easily converts to toddler bed, daybed, and full-size bed (toddler conversion kit No.M3099 and full-size conversion kit No.M4799 sold separately)
- Several color options
- Four conversions available
- Conversion kits sold separately
- Assembly difficult for some
4. Dream On Me Violet 7-in-1 Convertible Life Style Crib
- GROWS WITH YOUR BABY: With 4 mattress height positions, the Violet 7-in-1 Convertible Crib easly converts to a comfy toddler bed, daybed, youth bed, and full-size bed to match her changing needs (toddler guardrail, full-size rail, and bed frame sold separately)!
- GROWS WITH YOUR BABY: With 4 mattress height positions, the Violet can be adjusted according to the age of your baby; Set the steel platform at the highest position for your newborn and lower it as your baby starts to pull up to a standing position
- Affordable pricing
- Unique and beautiful
- Offer great value for money
- Seems sturdy and durable
- Easy to set up
- Hard to get conversion kits for daybed and twin bed
- Expensive conversion kits
- The lower part of the curved design can be used by toddlers to pull themselves up from the crib
- The side rails are thinner than you would expect
- Conflicting instructions on the direction the curves should take during assembly
5. Graco Remi 4-in-1 Convertible Crub and Changer
- 4-IN-1 CONVERTIBLE CRIB: Converts from baby crib (mattress sold separately) to toddler bed (toddler guardrail sold separately), daybed, and full-size bed with headboard only (conversion kit sold separately); Assembly required
- INCLUDES STORAGE DRAWER AND CHANGING TABLE: Baby crib includes full-size drawer with 2 compartments; Attached changing table includes 3 enclosed storage drawers, 2 open shelves, and water-resistant changing pad with safety strap
- 4-in-1 functionality renders the crib very resourceful in the long-run
- Comes with plenty of storage space
- Available in 3 different finishes
- Boasts of adjustable mattress height levels
- Weighs 116.7 lbs which might be heavy for some people to move on their own
6. Graco Hadley 4-in-1 Convertible Crib with Drawer
- 5-IN-1 CONVERTIBLE CRIB: Converts from baby crib (mattress sold separately) to toddler bed (toddler guardrail sold separately), daybed, and full-size bed with headboard & optional footboard (conversion kit sold separately); Assembly required
- FULL-SIZE STORAGE DRAWER: Crib includes full-size drawer with 2 compartments, allowing you to conveniently store and organize your nursery items and essentials
- ADAPTS TO YOUR GROWING BABY: Adjustable mattress support base with 3 different height options; Designed to fit any standard full-size crib & toddler mattress; This baby crib may be used until your child can easily climb out or is taller than 35in (89cm)
- You can turn it into a toddler bed, daybed, or full-sized bed.
- Although this crib grows with you kid, the toddler rail and full-size kit aren’t included. That’s the industry standard though
- The large drawer isn’t as wide/deep as the crib
7. Dream On Me Brody 5-in-1 Convertible Crib and Changer
- Convertibility options: The Brody transitions with your baby Convert it from a crib to a toddler bed, a day bed and then a full-size bed (bed rails sold separately). Attached is a three-drawer changing table making this a must-have nursery piece
- Feature-heavy changing table: The Brody comes with a detachable changing table, which has a custom fit 1” changing pad It is fitted with a security strap with easy release buckle to secure baby safely as well as 3 spacious drawers to store essentials.Do not place changing pad belts under the pad as these can also scratch the finish
- Comes with a detachable changer
- Packs 3 spacious drawers for storage
- 5-in-1 construction
- Assembly might take a while
8. Dream On Me Anna 4-in-1 Full Size Crib and Changer Table Combo
- CONVERTIBILITY OPTIONS: The Anna grows with your baby. Convert it from a crib to a daybed (Conversion kit sold separately). The attached changing table with two storage shelves adds to its utility
- USEFUL CHANGING TABLE: The Anna is fitted with a changing table with a custom fit 1” changing pad. There are two open storage shelves beneath the table, with ample space to store baby essentials
- TRENDY & STYLISH: The Anna’s design is sleek and modern, and it fits beautifully into any nursery decor. You can choose from six, non-toxic elegant finishes- Black, Cherry, Espresso, Natural, White & Storm Grey
- This black crib with changing table packs a nice looking, sharp design
- The enjoined changing table saves you cash and space
- The storage shelves provide enough rooms for the baby’s essentials
- It meets and exceeds CPSC and ASTM standards
- Relatively inexpensive compare to other cribs on this list
- The storage space is open-ended so it can’t hold many essentials